Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Attached

I knew that I was strongly attached to the internet for all of my communication and questions, but I had now idea how attached my son, Michael, is until this morning.

Michael is grounded from the computer and the tv for a few days*. He came into the bathroom as I was getting ready this morning and asked me if he could switch users on the desk computer so that he could check the weather.

I promptly reminded him that he's grounded from the computer. He responded "Oh. Well. Um... how am I suppose to check the weather?".

Last night he was getting set up to read for 20 minutes and went to the computer to set the timer. I quickly reminded him that he couldn't use the computer. I suggested using a clock... he went over to use the timer on the oven.

My my my... Michael is a tech geek!

* He had attempted to climb through our garage window the other day. No doubt to impress his new friend. He was told to never do that again. Yesterday... he did it. Again, no doubt to impress another bunch of friends. Thus the grounding from his 2 favorite pass times.

No comments: