As you know, I'm not the most spontaneous person. As the kids and I were driving home from taking Jamie lunch today we stumbled upon a sign. A very large sign. One that not only children notice, but adults as well.
THE ART OF DR. SEUSS
Naturally... er, unnaturally... we stopped to check it out.
And to our surprise we had a wonderful time! It was a very nice art gallery that was hosting an exhibit of Dr. Seuss 'stuff'. The owner? was extremely friendly and welcomed us in.
See... it's a REAL art gallery! Lots and lots of breakable stuff that costs lots and lots of money.
You can even buy the prints. They're actually reproductions. I'm not sure if the sculptures are for sale or not. Did you know that he made sculptures of his creatures? I was impressed. They were really fun to see.
All the books that they had on displayed were available to read. They even showed a documentary about Ted. It was pretty interesting. Someday I'd like to sit down and watch the whole thing.
Oh, and the best part of the visit? As we were leaving the owner said to me "You're kids are so well behaved". I looked around me assuming she couldn't possibly be talking to me about my children. But, she went on to tell me that with some people she just cringes because of how the children are touching all of the sculptures and just running around the gallery. I'm so proud of how well my kids behaved!
2 comments:
I read it! :) cute pictures!
That's so cool!
Post a Comment