Thursday, April 16, 2009

Adults Only

Jamie and I had a fabulous weekend!!

Friday afternoon Jamie and I met my dad and brother and handed the kids over. It was a joyous time :) Jamie and I headed back home and did a few errands. Including a stop at Meijer, the church office, the bank, and... I think that's it.

We went to a coffee shop and sat and read.

Yup, you read that correctly! We haven't done that together in YEARS!! Partly because I go in spurts with reading. Partly it's not my favorite pass time. But, it was so wonderful!

Then, we met up with some friends for dinner at Old Chicago Pizza. I ordered a bacon cheeseburger. And, yes, you read that correctly too. I was craving a burger and pizza just wasn't going to cut it. So yummy!

We went home and watched a movie... I think.

Saturday morning Jamie had to be at the church building to help set up stuff for the breakfast on Sunday. I wasn't going to go. I wanted to sleep in. But, I felt ready for the day pretty early so I headed out with him. It was very enjoyable. I was able to talk with people (there really wasn't much work for me to help with). When I don't have 2 little people running around me it's amazing how wonderful a conversation with another person can be. One of the ladies and I had a conversation about bras. Yup. We talked for about 20 minutes about... bras. So awesome!

Then we went home and got all gussied up to go to The Lion King!! Jamie bought the tickets in the fall and gave them to me for my birthday. We went with our wonderful friends Chris and Kathy. We went to the 2:00 showing and went out for Chinese food after wards.

I loved the show! I loved the food!

When we came home I had a horrible headache. So, I was in bed by 9:00. But, I woke up Resurrection Sunday feeling refreshed and ready to see my children. My brother brought them back to us in time for the service.

After re-reading my own post it sounds so boring. But, it was the best weekend for Jamie and I. It was filled with stuff. But, we got to do it together. I loved it.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend!