Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Simple Things

My mom and my brother came for a visit today. So nice!

My mom and I were chatting in the kitchen. We were talking about living within our means. I began listing off various household items in my house that Jamie and I have had since receiving them as wedding gifts or purchasing with wedding money. Our mixer, kitchen table, etc... and how well things have actually held up through 12 years... well, almost 13 years.

Then, I thought about our bathroom towels. I mentioned them to mom and how old they're getting. Did I mention almost 13 years old! When you wrap one around your back to dry off you hear a tear sound. You have to hold them just right. They are slowly falling apart. They have been for a few years now.

Here's where the story gets good...

My mom took Maggie out on a few errands. Guess what they returned with? A brand new set of bathroom towels!

My eyes teared up and I gave my mom a huge hug!

No comments: