Sunday, June 22, 2008

People's Choice Award

We had a chili cook off today after church. It didn't seem that big of a deal to me at first until Friday night when I got the official rules emailed to me. One of the things that stuck out to me was the presentation. So I tried my hardest at that, knowing that my chicken corn chowder/ chili wasn't that exciting. I had a lace table cloth and used my good china to serve my chili to the judges.

Well, they judged the chili's and then everyone else had a chance to taste them and vote for their favorite. I didn't win according to the judges, but I one the People's Choice Award! Woo Hoo! My prize was a pepper mill. I've always wanted one and have never gotten one. I love it!

Here is my prize winning recipe... I've always wanted to say that about something I've made :)

1 can cream of celery soup
1 can milk
1 cup cooked chicken
1 cup chunky salsa (mild is what I use)
1 cup canned corn (usually one small can)


That's it.

Can you believe that I got the most votes!?! It cracks me up.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

You did a great job, babe!

Sarah Halter said...

Congratulations Julie!