Yup, I froze some eggs*. My mom and dad came up for a visit today... it was a splendid time by the way. My mom had found 2 dozen eggs for only $1 each at Kroger. So, being the nice mommy she is, she gave them to me.
Well, the expiration date was today.
I checked a few web sites online about freezing eggs and found that it's very possible to do so. I cracked two eggs, slightly stirred them to break up the yolk, poured them in a zip lock bag, and repeated about a dozen times. I had first tried putting one egg in a ice cube tray but the eggs were too big and overflowed.
I'll have to let you know how it works out when I go to bake with them.
*In case there is some sort of confusion... I was freezing chicken eggs.
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Still skeptical that this is healthy, but I'd much rather have you doing this than freezing the other type of eggs...
I know a lot of people freeze eggs to take them camping. They do the ice tray thing somehow, and then take the egg cubes and put them in a baggie to carry in the cooler.(maybe there are different sizes of ice cube trays where it works better-IDK) I'll be interested to know how this works for you as it might be nice to keep in mind when we buy eggs and do not use them up by the date.
ME
Post a Comment