Saturday, January 12, 2008

Back in the swing

Michael's first week back to school was wonderful! For me and for him :) I'm pretty sure I mentioned this (I'm too lazy to read my own previous posts) that Michael's teacher announced a few days before Christmas break that she was not returning to school. She got another job. Sound familiar?

Well, his new teacher is great! She is everything and more than I had prayed for! A few months ago I started praying that we would have more joy as a family. Especially Michael. It seemed like he didn't laugh very often. Most of my conversations with him were centered around changing his behavior rather than enjoying life with him.

When I picked him up from school on Monday he started making this sound. At first it was small and quiet then it got louder and louder. The sound was strange to me. I was actually getting annoyed. I was about to yell at him to quit the obnoxious sound when I finally realized what it was. He was giggling! Then, Maggie and I both joined in. Why the giggles? He was trying to tell me that his teacher says the word 'garbage' sort of French like. That was it. Totally not funny, but it was so wonderful to see him laugh!

She's been teaching them a lot of Spanish too. He says this whole phrase perfectly! He's always been good at picking up languages (what do I know? I don't anything besides broken English myself?). Anytime I hear someone teach him a word he repeats it perfectly. Russian, Hebrew, Spanish.

Anyway, it's been a great week back. I'm back on track for getting up early, exercising, cleaning, and basically organizing my time. I love it!

No comments: