Tuesday, January 15, 2008

#6 dress more feminine

Well, I'm still not totally set of what type of clothes I'm aiming to buy to dress more feminine, but I think I found a little something that I like... necklaces. My mother-in-law bought me a beautiful pink one that I love to wear! It has four layers? with gold and different shades of pinks. Love it!

Next up... earrings! If you know me, you know that I have no ear lobes. Yup, I was the freak in biology class that always had to show my ears when studying genetics. But, with my somewhat new hairstyle I think the smaller dangle type might be quite nice. We shall see.

5 comments:

Karen said...

i'm really not trying to be a pain here, i promise. i mean this sincerely, just so you know b/c i know things can often read harsher online than they are meant to be. but... i'm wondering what your definition of "more feminine" is, and why it's important to you to dress that way?

Julie said...

Honestly, I'm not really sure. I just kind of got sick of my clothes. I tend to dress business casual everyday. Black, khaki, white, button down shirts. To me it got boring. Ask people around me though and they think it's fine.

I've always loved wearing dresses and skirts. Now, I'm not going to wear jumpers or those kind of outfits. I'm kind of picturing summer stuff. I like the flirty skirts and sandals.

I've always been one to 'get ready' in the morning. I never wear sweat pants or pj's around the house. Even if I know that I'm not leaving the house I'll still fully get ready... hair, make up, clothes. It wakes me up and I feel ready.

So, I guess I just want to clarify that this is not based on a belief or even that it's super important to me. I just want to feel girly and the idea of flowers, skirts, dresses, and jewelry sounds like what I'm looking for.

You're totally not a pain :)

Karen said...

i think that the last paragraph clears up what i was wondering more than anything. the feminist in me was curious. :D

i'm definitely a "get dressed" kind of girl, too. i can count only one day that i've ever voluntarily stayed in my pj's all day (and wasn't sick or recovering from surgery or birth). it's just not my thing. but my idea of comfort is jeans and a knit top or sweater. so... that's pretty much all i ever wear.

i love how cute skirts look, but 1.)i hate how fat my legs are (esp my calves! i have no ankles!) and 2.)i am just never all that comfortable in them. i think that especially staying at home with your kids, where more times than not you end up sitting on the floor, they're just not as practical as i'd like them to be. all that being said, i really wanted to be a skirt person but i'm just not. i'm at peace about that. :D

Julie said...

No ankles? I've never heard of such a thing! I'm glad you're at peace. That's what I'm going for :)

Jamie said...

We make a great couple with me lounging in sweatpants and sweatshirts and slippers the minute I get home!