Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Mark and Courtney

On my list of 'blogs that I read' I have Mark and Courtney. We've known them for a few years now. They lived in MI and went to our church for a while and they were a part of our Home Group (Bible study group of close friends). They have since moved on and are living in MO. They have been married for I think 9 years.

They are in Ukraine right now picking up their children. They are planning on adopting a few. I'm so excited for them! Mark and Courtney are great with kids. They watched Michael for us many times and are one of the most giving couples I know. Both with their time and finances.

The way that it works for them in Ukraine is they weren't able to 'pick out' their kids ahead of time. They go to the organization in Ukraine and it goes from there. Please pray for them. For the obvious reasons of course - safety, healthy, cultural differences, all that. But also for wisdom. They are making a big step that will change them forever. Pray that God guides them.

I'm so excited for them! I've been thinking about a creative way to throw them a happy-new-children-shower with all our friends so I'll have to keep you all posted on that.

5 comments:

Karen said...

i have several friends that have adopted internationally now, two of which i was friends with them throughout the process. it is SO exciting to meet their kids when they get home. i love it!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Do you have the link to Mark and Courtney's blog? We are in the process of adoptiong domestically right now, and it would be great to read some other stories.

Amy (Atchley) Johnston
graduated from GLCC in 2001

Julie said...

Karen - I know! We visited with friends who adopted about a year ago and are leaving next week to bring home another. So exciting!

Amy - Sure, their link is markandcourtney.blogspot.com

Hey, do we know each other? My husband and I went to GLCC in... 1995. Jamie, my husband, is teaching Hebrew this semester.

Sarah Halter said...

Julie, that's a wonderful idea. Count me in. Maybe we'll have to work on something offline.

Anonymous said...

Julie,

We don't officially know each other; I attended GLCC from 1997- 2001 and also attended Meridian once in a while in Lansing. I frequent Cindie's adoption blog, and then checked your blog out and found the story about your friends. I live in Fort Wayne, IN, now and we're waiting to adopt...been waiting for about a year now.