Is it really Tuesday? Wow, a lot has happened since last Friday.
Can't remember Saturday... oh, yea. We had a young couple over for dinner. I made homemade pizza rolls. They were pretty yummy. Afterwards, Jamie left to work on his sermon. So, the three of us played a game of Settlers. Very fun. I won :)
Jamie did an excellent job preaching on Sunday. It was very creative, very practical, and I even remember the main point. We (the church) need to be growing as one body to be more like Christ. I was so proud!
After the service we had a ground breaking service on the church land. We currently rent out a middle school each Sunday for our service and programs. We bought a piece of property and our now beginning to build our first ministry center on it. It was cold out, but there was a great turn out of people there. Pretty exciting!
Right after that the kids and I drove out to my parents. Michael and Maggie hung out with my brother. He has a new big screen tv. Michael was playing a Lego Star Wars game on it for about 1.5 hours. Maggie just liked hanging out with Josh and snuggling him. He is a pretty cuddly guy :)
On Monday we got together with my sister and her two kids and we went to a place in Canton, MI called Pump it Up. Super fun! I won't be able to describe it well. Basically, it's a warehouse building? that is all decked out colorfully. The have two 'arena's'. In each arena there are four bounce house type things. You know, those inflatable things that people rent that you see at party's and such. One was a huge slide. One was a simple bounce house with basketball hoops. One was an obstacle course thing with a small climbing wall and slide. And one was a large round cage with an elevated center to joust in.
Michael was a pro at everything... naturally. And, suprisingly, Maggie kept up. She could do all of it. She is very coordinated and strong for a two year old. Her balance and flexibility amazes me. Even the other moms would comment to me on how well she tackled the challenges.
Whew! It was a great weekend! And, even though it sounds like it was super busy and nonstop, it was quite enjoyable. Oh, the reason we did a lot was because Michael had Monday and Tuesday off of school.
I didn't even tell you about my day today! Too much to write right now. Maybe tomorrow. But, here's a quick summery... jury duty, laundry, two mile hike with family, dinner with Tom and his kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's so exciting about your groundbreaking!! Finally!! I want to hear more about the two mile hike. :) Oh, and tell Jamie sorry we didn't call back Sunday, we have been gone. I might be home tonight, though...
Post a Comment