Wednesday, November 21, 2007

better late than never

I love reading blogs. I have a list of about ten that I check every day. I like keeping up with my friends who have moved away. It's a fun pass time for me. I get a little upset if they don't post something everyday. And here I sit with an empty blog since 8 days ago. Wowzers!

There is no way that I will take the time to write about all of my adventures. I will, however, share with you a bit about Silver Bells in the City.

Last Friday the kids and I walked to the bus stop and hopped on the bus to go downtown Lansing (about a 5 minute ride). The kids loved it! The driver drove faster than I was expecting. Maggie just about flew off the seat!

We got downtown and walked a few blocks to meet up with some friends of ours. We watched the Electric Light Parade. They had marching bands, floats, fire engines, cars, all kinds of stuff all decked out in Christmas lights. It was fun! Maggie and one of the little girls we were with kept cover their ears and giggling at the sights and sounds. So cute!

Then, they lit up the big Christmas tree in front of the capital building and had a quick firework show. So fun!

After all that, a lot of the businesses and museums and such are open late and have special events. The kids and I walked down to Impression 5 Museum to see the huge model train layout that they had. Michael was so thrilled to be there! It was really crowded and really hot so we didn't stay too long.

It was time for the adventure of getting home. I couldn't figure out how to catch our bus on it's route so we backtracked to the actual bus station and waited for the next one. 40 minutes later we were on our way home. Another fast driver... faster than the first because he was running 15 minutes behind schedule.

Overall it was a great night! I'm so proud of myself for taking the kids alone. Jamie was in the UP painting the bedrooms of our cabin. He got a lot done and I had a great weekend with my favorite little boy and favorite little girl.

There... that should hold you all until I feel like posting again :)

No comments: