Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!

Wednesday night the kids decorated a white table clothe for our festivities the next day. I should have taken a picture of it. Michael painted the greatest turkey I've ever seen! Jamie made a NY Giants helmet and Michael copied it and did a fabulous job with his version. I used stamps, of course, and did leaves. Maggie painted a bunch of ... um... I guess they were spots. Her entire side of the table was covered in thumb sized blobs.

Thursday morning we woke up to a few inches of snow. The kids were up and about around 6. 6 am! I however, refused to get out of bed until 6:45. I held the kids off from playing in the snow as long as possible and we bundled up and headed out for awhile. Then came inside to warm up with some hot chocolate.

We made a nice breakfast with pancakes and sausages. I love my pancake recipe! The nice thing is that my family likes it too!

We made ginger bread houses with the kids. Actually, we used graham crackers and stuck them onto boxes that I had preformed in the shape of a shack. The kids had their little baggie of icing and stock on all sorts of candy. Very messy, but a fun project.

We made paper chains out of red and green paper and strung them in various parts of the living room. It was beginning to feel like the early stages of Christmas. So fun!

Then, we had... drum roll please... home made pizza's for lunch. Yup, you heard me right! I grew up with Thanksgiving being one of our non-traditional holidays. You never knew what we were going to eat. Sometimes steak, sometimes turkey, and one year we had hot dogs. So, that's what we did. We had a relaxed day and enjoyed hanging out with each other.

In the evening we headed over to my sister-in-law Beth's house. Just in time for the traditional turkey meal left overs. So yummy! We played a few games and hung out together.

The rest of the weekend is actually a blur. I think we relaxed and did little stuff together. Saw some more family and friends along the way.

It's been a relaxing day today as well. I'm not doing anything around the house. I probably should. In fact, I know I should. Oh well... maybe tomorrow :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun!! I am so excited that we'll get to come up in only a few short weeks!