My parents arrived this morning. We ate an early lunch and then headed to Michael's school for the Pride Card Ceremony. My mother-in-law joined us too. Michael looked so cute! He didn't have to wear his normal school uniform/dress code clothes. He wore navy pants (normal dress code) but had on a nice light blue button down shirt with it. So handsome! Even though the front of it was untucked (is that not a word?). The back was tucked in nicely, but the front was flappin' in the breeze.
Anyway... he was very handsome and very cute. We're so proud!
Afterwards, we all went to the Salvation Army store. So. Much. Fun. I think I could go there every Friday. I think my mother-in-law does :)
Jamie and my dad took Maggie around and entertained her. Not sure what all they did together. All I know is that every so often I'd hear Maggie shout "Oh. There's my mom! Hi mom!" I love that sound.
My mom is so great to shop with. She finds things quickly and efficiently. She would pull things off the rack for Michael and I would sort through them and make the final decision. We ended up purchasing three pairs of pants, one button down shirt, and four polos for him to wear to school.
I decided to take a quick look at the sweaters for myself and found three that I liked. I'm excited about my sweaters. In fact, I already washed them this evening and they're hanging to dry. My mom found a beautiful winter jacket for herself. I think we spent a total of $16 for the whole loot. The jacked wasn't part of the $5 deal. Still, not too shabby.
After our 1.5 hour long shopping spree we came back to our house and just chit-chatted. So nice! Jamie picked up Michael from school and he was able to spend a few hours with Grandma and Grandpa. He loves that. My dad gave Michael a gold dollar for the honor that he received from school. My mom bought him a Darth Vador mask and cape. Huh, I didn't realize how funny those gifts were until now. Seems like they would have been given the other way around.
Ahhh, I like having nice days. Accomplishing things and having a nice time with family. And getting new clothes. Cheap new clothes. Some of my favorite things all wrapped up into one little bundle. What more could I want? .... my new sweaters to dry quick so that I can wear one tomorrow! But, if they're dry, which one would I choose?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have found some great bargains at the Salvation Army. It is a fun place to shop.
It brings a smile to my face every time I hear you call it a Pride Card Ceremony. I mean, I know that is what it is called but every time I hear it I envision a referee running up to him, blowing a whistle and pulling out a rainbow colored card and writing his name down in a book.
That's funny!
Ha! That's a funny picture!
You know, I'm not real sure why it's called that. Maybe some sort of play on words with 'report card'. I always think of lions.
Post a Comment