My parents are coming to visit tomorrow. They live about an hour away, but it's been awhile since we've seen them. It's actually perfect timing. I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, but Michael is getting some sort of award from school tomorrow for his grades. It's like the honor roll. My parents get to go too!
Afterwards, my mom and I are going to go to my favorite resale store. The Salvation Army store has 5 clothing items for $5 every Friday. They use to switch the day each week which made it difficult to plan the week around (because why pay $2 for a used sweater when you can get it for $1?). I called the store today and talked to the manager, Debbie. She was so funny! We became instant friends. Very talkative, very informative, very helpful. She's 'looking forward to meeting me tomorrow' when I go.
The reason for the big shopping spree? Michael grew overnight... again. He now has two pairs of school pants and one shirt that look good on him. Will I ever be able to keep up with him.
Side note - I'm making beef and broccoli stir fry for dinner tonight. I like to have something else with it. I thought I'd make applesauce. I burned the apples. The pan is sitting outside smoldering and the smell is waifing through the cracks of the door. Yuck.
Another side note - Jamie is preaching at church this Sunday. If you're in the Lansing area come join us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I wish I could see Michael get his award and Jamie preach. sigh. I'll never get used to this far away thing!
Congrats to Michael! That's awesome. :)
I'm sorry...but I laughed at you burning the apples. ;)
Good luck, Jamie.
Post a Comment