Thursday, November 08, 2007

do do Dora

Do do Dora... that's what Maggie calls Dora the Explorer. It's never just Dora. Nope, it has to be loudly introduced with a few do do's.

I don't care much for Dora the Explorer. In fact, when I hear her voice it feels like finger nails on a chalk board.

Maggie, on the other hand, simply loves the show. Thankfully we don't have cable. So the only way she gets her fix is if I rent it from the library. However, it is pretty cute watching Maggie watch Dora. She actually does what Dora screams at her to do. "Say backpack!! Say backpack!!". I'll even catch her trying her tongue at Spanish.

Side note - I started singing "Zip-a-dee-do-dah" to Mags the other day. She watched me sing (I knew way more of that song than I thought I did) and simply said "I think I want to like that's song". Which means she liked it. Now every time I zip her coat up she sings it with me. So cute!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Ummm, Julie, why does your blog sidebar say you live in "Lansing, MI, Afghanistan"?!?

Too funny!

Julie said...

I know... it's pretty funny! Some day I'll get around to changing it.

Check out the comments on the last post.

Sarah Halter said...

I had that happen on mine too. When I tried to leave it unspecified, thinking Detroit, MI was enough, it turned up Afghanistan, the first country on the list. And it also said my industry was accounting. Julie, I read Jamie's comment on the last post and laughed out loud!

I'm glad I got to see big Maggie recently enough that I can totally see her face (and smile) and hear her voice as you describe this.