Our house is just around the corner from a three lane one way street. It's pretty busy out there. The city has been working on this road for a few weeks now and closed it. I like it because it cut down on the traffic going up and down our side street. But now we have to deal with the trucks.
They start working around 5:00 am. They, of course, bring their rubble loaders (whatever those trucks are called that haul the stones around) down our street to get to the main street. They are loud! I always wake up but pray for more sleep and I'm usually back to sleep. Usually *grin*
These trucks continue to go down our street all day long. That's ok with me. Really. I appreciate what they are doing to make our city better.
Except... one of the truck drivers has made friends with the kids in the neighborhood. I'm ok with that. We all should just get along. However, he honks his horn every time he passes. Again, I'm ok with that. What kid doesn't like the sound of a truck horn? Here's what bugs me... he usually honks when Maggie is taking her nap and it wakes her up and she's a grouch and she won't go back to sleep thus making me grouchy because I just wanted to have little bit of un-interrupted alone time and play settler's on the computer and maybe rest myself before the evening business starts and I have to be joyful for my family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
My kids were very little (and still taking naps) when they finished our cul-de-sac 13 years ago. Trucks going up and down the road each day-construction and lots of noise. Then the rest of the houses were built which equaled more construction and noise. You have my sympathies. ME
ME... hmmm... that sounds familiar. Are you the same ME that would comment on my husbands blog?
Of Course :)ME
Goodness gracious, welcome!
Did we ever figure out who you are?
Thanks!
No, you dont know me personally. ME :)
Post a Comment