For Michael's birthday today we're having some good 'ol family time. We all woke up around 7 (still trying to get used to an earlier morning schedule before school starts).
I took the kids to the library by Jamie's office this morning. The kids played and picked out some books and movies. Then we met up with Jamie at the nearby park and ate lunch and watched the kids play. The weather is perfect today!
Tonight we're going to have chicken alfredo, caesar salad, bread sticks, and peanut butter blossom cookies for dessert. All of which were Michael's request :) See, I'm not such a bad cook! My son likes my food!
Michael will open the presents that we got for him and we'll just play and hang out together. Probably putting together some crazy Star Wars lego ship that Jamie picked out for him.
His birthday party is Saturday. We scored a total of 19 tickets to the Lansing Lugnuts game. Thank you Rainbow Homes for your generous gift to us! So, my parents, sister and brother-in-law and their kids, my brother, Jamie's sister and brother-in-law and kids, mother and father-in-law, and a friend of Michael's are going to go. And, they have fireworks after the game. It should be a fun night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
sounds like a great time! happy birthday to you michael (and mommy who birthed him!)
Happy birthday, Michael! And to think we knew your parents before they had you!
It's funny, Julie, because I remember you being a little nervous about starting the whole parenthood thing, and I'm sure you couldn't imagine yourself any differently now! :)
Thanks Jana! It's been a fun weekend so far! We're really excited about the game tomorrow.
Courtney, I know! I can't imagine life being any different... because I'm always with my kids! Seriously, I really do like this season of our life. It seems to be getting tougher mentally, but with Jamie to tackle the disrespect and me to tackle the tears I think we may conquer these younger years.
Happy (belated) birthday, Michael! I hope you've had a good one!
Post a Comment