Saturday, September 01, 2007

Still Amazes Me

Well, Michael hit another mile stone today.

We were all outside early this morning doing a few things in the yard in preparation for Michael's party tonight. Michael, Maggie, and I were still in our jammies. Michael decided to cruise around on his bike. Jamie noticed that his training wheels weren't touching the ground at all as he rode around. It didn't effect me much.

I went inside to take a shower. As I was drying off, Michael stormed in to inform me that dad was taking his training wheels off. I got dressed, combed my hair, and headed outside. I was shocked to see Michael halfway down the street on his bike all by himself. Jamie said caught on pretty quickly. I didn't think he'd be that quick.

I cried. This birthday and season of life for Michael has been tough for me. Riding a real bike, going to school all day, it's been too much. I pray that I can help him during this next year. That instead of focusing on how quickly he's growing up, to comfort and encourage him in a positive way. To remember that he is still little and needs my attention.

No comments: