Monday, April 09, 2007

Spring Break 2007

or, as Michael has been calling it... "Winter Break". We've had snow and cold temps.

Monday - Took the kids with me to the Meridian Christian Women's Bible Study. Michael had fun playing with the other boys. Went to the McDonald's drive through and had a car picnic. Then, we headed for the library.

Tuesday - While my wonderful father-in-law watched Maggie, Michael and I went to see the new Teenage Mutant Ninga Turtles movie. Pretty fun. I like hanging out with him one on one. He's a neat kid.

Wednesday - Met up with my friend Bethany and her two cute little girls. We went to the Michigan Historical Museum. Very fun and a bit educational too. Bethany isn't from MI and is looking forward to going back there to learn more about our wonderful state :) That evening Jamie and the kids and I went to our new youth minister's house and had dinner with him and his wife. They have a young dog and a kitty cat. Maggie had a blast! They also had video games... Michael had a blast!

Thursday - I declared a "Day Off"! No laundry, no dishes, sleep in, and just relax. We did end up going to Michael's school to dig through their lost and found boxes. Didn't find anything useful for our family. Oh, well.

Friday - We went to my sister-in-laws house to celebrate Alissa's birthday. Visited with friends and family, presents, cake, ice cream, pinate, and fun! Afterwards, we came home and got ready to go to a Good Friday service. It was at one of our sister churches and a bunch of the area churches particapated in the service. It was fun to be able to worship and remember Jesus with so many people.

Saturday - Another relaxing day. Got some things ready for Easter dinner. Went to another birthday celebration at Chuck E. Cheese. We've known Brandee and Joe for a long time now. They live in the UP so we don't see them very often. Funny though, this is the second birthday party for their daughter that we've been able to attend. The kids had a blast! I liked it too. We've never gone before. Maggie practiced her fine motor skills and was able to put a token into a ride all by herself by the end of the night. She played a game that gave her a ton of tickets. she picked out a ring and a bracelett. Michael won lots of tickets too and picked out about 10 different little toys. Very fun!

Sunday - Resurection Sunday! Our church hosted a breakfast before the service. Very enjoyable. After church we went back to my sister-in-laws and ate... and ate... and ate... great food and great fellowship. Before we started eating we sang an old hymn "Up From the Grave". We've never done anything like that before. It was actually pretty cool. I think we should make it a tradition. Although, maybe not always that song. It's a tough one to sing, high notes and low. Michael had never sung it before, but John had printed out the words so he tried to sing along. When we were done he said that he wanted to do it again. He said he was reading along and trying to sing with everyone.

Well, that was our 'winter break'. I loved it! I slept till about 8:30 every morning. It was nice to not have a schedule and just do what we wanted. I was dreading this morning, but it actually went well. Jamie talked me into waking up early to exercise and have a shower. That way I get some alone time before I have to deal with the morning rush. It really helped. I think I'll try to make it a habit four days a week. I'll keep you posted on that!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

What I wouldn't give to sleep until 8:30! That would be lovely. Unfortunately, my girls wake up bright and early every morning between 6 and 6:30.

jana said...

I can't imagine getting up early to shower and take of yourself! I am still learning this, doesn't help when you stay up late working the house after the little ones go to bed so not underfoot. I have found the me time before day begins, best things for moms, especially if you can fit a devo into that time...just my 2 cents!

SNOW!!! REALLY! It is in the 80s today down here! You all should come for a visit, whenever you want! I am serious!

Anonymous said...

I finally bought the Pilates for dummies DVD (the crazy one that Wendy has) on e-bay for $8 total. I was so excited, but a couple days before it came in the mail, our dvd player broke. It's hard enough being motivated without an excuse!!