
Here's my boy Michael... our Star Wars know-it-all.
A few weeks ago, on our way to the library, Michael started shouting and freaking out. He spotted this R2D2 mailbox. Jamie had told us about them before, but we had no idea there was one in Lansing.
Maggie loves it too. Every time we're downtown she says "R2D2 mailbox"... very slowly and very carefully.
The post office has made a small bunch of these and have them all over the country. It's in honor of the 30th anniversary of Star Wars. They're coming out with a set of Star Wars stamps and you can vote for your favorite (only the 2nd time in the post office history where the public gets to vote). Anyway, they're making a pretty big deal about it.
If you're in the Lansing area, stop by the north-east corner of Capital and Ionia and check it out. It's pretty fun!
5 comments:
That's a great picture, and a pretty cool mailbox!
We've got them in St Louis, too! When I first saw the post on Jamie's blog, I thought it was some kind of publicity stunt. You can imagine my surprise when I drove by one a few days later! :)
I don't like M's expression very much but it is a pretty good picture of how he looks day to day.
Courtney, you should take your picture next to it and we should start a blog about all the sightings.
Hey Julie! Just got caught up on your blog. Love the mail box picture. Michael looks so grown up. How about a recent picture of Maggie?
A new picture of Maggie... I'll see what I can do.
I'm so glad you're back :)
Post a Comment