We had such a great weekend. I still feel pooped out from it all.
Friday night Jamie and I and our kids and also our friends Tim and Bethany and one of their daughters (the other one was with relatives overnight) went to see one of our friends in concert. We all piled into our van and drove to a small church in Flint (about 45 min away). It was very relaxed and informal. I was so proud of our children. They were so good through the whole thing!
Michael fell asleep in the van on the way home. Maggie chit-chatted the whole time. When we finally got home, Michael walked into the house and stood in the living room. I told him to head upstairs and start getting ready for bed. By the time I got up there he was already snuggled under the covers.
I asked him if he had his jammies on... 'no'. Then if he wanted me to help him get dressed... 'no'. So, he slept in his clothes all night. He was super cute! When I got up the next morning (around 9) he was already playing his Star Wars computer game.
Saturday I went to see the movie "The Last Sin Eater" with my mom-in-law and my Aunt Ruthie. It's a movie based on a book by Francine Rivers. She's a fabulous Christian author. The movie was pretty good. I kept thinking that it had a feeling of "Little House on the Prarie". During the credits I noticed that it was produced my Michael Landon, Jr. Interesting.
Saturday night was date night. We don't have these very often and I wouldn't even really count this one as an official date night. I only am because Maggie and Michael spent the night at our friend Tom's house with his kids. Jamie and I went to a fund raiser dinner for... long story. It wasn't one of the most fun nights, but it was good to be there in support of this organization that we've had contact with for a few years.
Sunday morning was great!! I slept in, got ready in the house ALONE, and arrived at church. It was a great service. It was fun to be reunited with the kids.
Sunday night our neighbors came over and we played a few games of Settlers. Again, a great time. It's fun getting to know new people. It's easy with them living so close.
The weekend was great, and so far I'm off to a fun start for the week! I'm headed for bed early tonight... at least that's the plan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad that Michael likes his game! I read that book by Francine Rivers (I've read all her books), but I didn't know it was a movie! Cool! Was it any good?
Megin, he plays that game everyday! Today he found a funny part that he could get some aliens dancing. It was like a disco. Cute thing was, both Michael and Maggie started dancing like them. Funny!
I did like the movie. Although, it could have been because I was out with mom and Aunt Ruthie and actually at a movie.
Post a Comment