Michael has the chicken pox. As he was changing his clothes this morning I spotted (... just a little pun for ya) a rash all over his chest and arms. As he removed the rest of his clothing, I noticed it all over. At that point he probably had 40 spots.
I called the doctor and they said to come in right away. The doctor actually wasn't quit sure if it was chicken pox or something else. He did a blood test just to be sure. While we wait for the results, we're treating it as if it is the pox.
Michael wasn't too uncomfortable today. I gave him some benadryl to help with the itch. I hope he sleeps well. I'm assuming that the next two days are going to be the toughest. After that it's just a matter of waiting for it to run its course. It will probably be a week before he's not contagious. It's going to be a long week...
Yes, he was vaccinated for it. But, it seems that the vaccines are not lasting as long as they claim to. Maggie was vaccinated for it last February so hers should 'work'. I won't actually know if she's come down with it for a few weeks if not sooner. I'm hoping it's sooner. Christmas is coming too soon! All the inlaws are coming to town including our newest nephew Isaac.
I'm praying that Michael feels comfortable through this. That Maggie gets it quick... if even at all. And that I can keep a happy home this week during our house arrest :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, that can't be fun for Michael - or you!
Poor thing!! I'll definately be praying. I want him and Maggie to be able to have fun with the family for Christmas!!
Post a Comment