Thursday, October 05, 2006

Another Appointment

Today I visited my regular doctor. A few months ago I switched birth control methods and had to have a follow up to see how it was going. All is well and I would recomend this method to my friends :) It seems to work well for me.

During the visit we had a heart to heart talk about my weight. According to "the chart", I need to lose about 30 lbs. I know exactly what I'm doing wrong and the things that I need to change in order to lose some weight and to live a healthier lifestyle. I just don't feel motivated.

So, I'm going to work on taking small steps. I have done two little steps so far. I've stopped drinking pop on a regular basis. Because I love it so much, I'm going to allow myself to have some at restraunts and special occasions. And, I've started walking a few mornings a week at the mall.

Obviously, this isn't enough to drop a ton of weight, but it's a start! After my heart appointment yesterday, it also helped me to look at my body differently. I would hate to continue hurting my heart and have to have something major done to correct it. That kind of stuff just creeps me out.

10 comments:

Lisa said...

I need to lose A LOT more than 30 pounds. IT'S HARD! Good luck!

Julie said...

Honestly, it's actaully a little more than 30 lbs. Losing 30 would be the least amount to lose to get into the 'normal' range. That's even me saying that I'm a few inches taller than I really am!

Every picture that I've seen of you I think you look wonderful! There's no way you need to lose more than 30 lbs!

I think I'll set my goal at 25. A comfortable 10 or 8 sounds good. I don't want to be a size 2! That's too thin for me. I want to keep my face chubby to void off wrinkles.

Julie said...

Part of my comment didn't make sense. I meant that I would be comfortable being a SIZE 10 or 8. And I think losing 25 lbs would get me there.

Lisa said...

You're too sweet, Julie! I definitely need to lose more than 30 pounds (once this baby is born), but I'm glad you can't tell that from pictures! :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm right there with ya. I've been steadily gaining since I got married, but I don't have any children to show from it! Josh and I decided that we are going to work on this by New Years when we see everyone again (and take our family pics!). It's just so hard to make time. sigh.

Anonymous said...

Does this mean Megin and Josh are going to work on being pregnant by New Year's?! Cool!
(hee-hee).

Scott said...

Good job Jules! Did you know that they say if you can do something for 21 days that you'll have made a habit of it. Sonja had a thing on her blog where she was tracking how many miles she walked with a goal of walking to the UP over a year or something like that. Makes it kind of fun.

Anonymous said...

Haha, very funny,mom! You just got your 8th granchild, don't be greedy. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm curious.. what bc method is that?

Julie said...

I had an IUD 'installed' a few months ago. My sister has one and I decided to look into it. I did some research on it (prayed about it too) and thought I'd give it a try. I love it!

The first weekend was tough. I was an emotional wreck. But, since those few first weeks, I've been great.