My life is so... normal. I know that I should post more, even if it is just about the little things. I just haven't been motivated to do that. Today was somewhat eventful...
About two years ago, while I was pregnant with Maggie, my doctor found a heart murmur. I went to a specialist then and had a few tests done. It turned out to be something that I was probably born with. He called it a leaky valve. One of my flaps is bowed and allows blood to leak back through.
Today I had my two year check up. My blood pressure was high... the first time. Much lower on the second try :) I was pretty nervous about the visit and there was a thunder storm outside. I'm human and my blood pressure rises when I'm stressed. I also had an EKG and that came back normal. Yippy! So, I basically can go on living normally. There is a less than one percent chance that it could turn into something more serious when I'm older.
As I was checking out I had to make my appointment for my next visit... to be scheduled two years from now. The receptionist asked me if mornings or afternoons would work best. I laughed out loud!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I have a heart murmer as well. Leaky flaps and all that fun stuff. I see the doctor every 6 months. But I also have other heart stuff.
I really missed reading your blog. I would check a couple of times a day! I was dealing with Julie withdrawl! Thanks for the update! Hey check my web page, I keep updating it as well. I also have new pictures on it.
Julie, I'm so glad that your visit went well!! I kinda didn't get the appointment joke, though..
Marcie, I'll have to check it out again!
Megin, it was just funny to me because two years is a long time to make an appointment. I have no clue what my schedule will look like then. It still makes me giggle.
Glad that everything went well, Julie!
And it's good to hear from you again!
Mornings...definitely mornings...
Post a Comment