Sunday, September 17, 2006

Christian Fiction

I decided a few years ago that I would limit my reading to only Christian books. (I'm not going to go into a debate about the title.) I am easily persuaded and felt that the books I chose could easily fit into that catagory. Yes, I have read books that are not in that catagory and have enjoyed them. Although, there have been some that I begin to read and wonder if I should stop. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

It's been tough for me to find books lately. Usually I find a good author and read everything they've written. For example Beverly Lewis. She writes wonderful books about Amish life. But, there's only so much Amish that I can take. Other books I've read because someone has told me about the book.

Jamie kept telling me to look online and find a website that would have descriptions of Christian Fiction books that I could then check out from the library (our library doesn't seperate Christian from normal fiction).

I'm proud to say that after many years I've finally found one! It's ChristianFictionReview.com. They have books listed by author. So far I have 8 books on hold at the library... all Christian! I'm so excited!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie- I applaude your resistence to reading anything you can get your hands on. I too am the same...when I get to chose what to read, it is all Christian fiction for me! (Was an English grad student, we did not get much choice.) Thank you for putting this thought into other women's minds and giving a website that is usable! Continue being strong in your choices.
jana cutler, FL

ejs said...

It's been a while since you've written. I sure would like to hear all about your daily adventures. Miss you.

Julie said...

Yeah, there's not much going on. I've been trying to post something the past couple of days but I've got nothin'. Thanks for checking up on me :)

Anonymous said...

What about Michael's school picture? I would love it if you posted that (while mine is in the mail, of course)!!