Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Punishment

Well, for Michaels punishment I decided to not take him to Toys R Us for another week. He actually cried and said that he hated school. Isn't it sad that I have to make him cry in order to prove that it's a good punishment?

Jamie and I talked it over and decided that if the teacher has him call home again that he would get spanked. We'll see how it goes.

I was very much encouraged this morning talking to a fellow parent whose daughter just started kindergarten this year as well. They have received 3 phone calls from the teacher already! Whew, I feel better :) Granted, she has been in school a week longer than Michael and she goes all day instead of half day. So, it may all balance out. None the less, it's comforting to know that I'm not the only one.

One of my favorite shows is Supernanny... or is it Nanny 911... whatever. I used to feel good watching it. "My children are so well behaved compared to those children". Now, I watch it for the advice. My home typically resembles the families that she assists. I've put a few of her ideas to the test at my house. They seem to work... as long as I keep it up and follow through.

No comments: