Yesterday was a great day! It felt like Mother's Day to me!
First off, Jamie suprised me and went out and bought a new mattress. Thanks Tom for helping him bring it home and get rid of the old one! We've had the money set aside for a few months now. It was just a matter of doing the research and going out and buying it. I was so thrilled that Jamie took care of all that for me! I have a new mattress! Then, we played a few games of Settlers. So much fun! I think I won a game.
Jamie made dinner and then we got all packed up to go watch some fireworks in Meridian Township. I know, I know, why would we travel out to Okemos and not just stay in our backyard and watch the Lansing ones? Well, Tom invited us to go and it sounded like fun. This is the first time that we've gone to big ones with the kids.
It was so much fun! I was nervous about keeping the kids busy until the fireworks started but it went great. Michael, as usual, met some new pals and played soccer. Maggie, as always, caught the attention of everyone around. She walked along the sidewalk waving to everyone. I enjoyed just watching my children.
The strange thing was the dramatic change in the weather within an hour. It was in the 80's and dropped down to 63. Crazy, eh? I'm glad my mom warned me of it and I packed some extra clothes for everyone. Well, everyone except Jamie. Sorry babe :)
It was such a great day! I really enjoyed spending the time with my family and favorite friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment