Monday, April 03, 2006

Am I Crazy

Yesterday afternoon we decided that Michael could have a pal spend the night. So, at 5:00 we brought Ben back to our house. It has been so much fun! The boys rough-housed all evening, had reading time, had a glow party, and stayed up late.

This morning we got ready and went to the library and picked out some movies. They are back upstairs playing together. I'm so glad we decided to have Ben over. They are having so much fun together. Michael is learning a lot about sharing and communicating. Oh, and a few extra words like "fart" and "what the...".

When Michael gets older he's going to want friends over all the time. I've been so nice and patient. I've been saying things that I don't normally say... Do you want another cookie? Sure, you can throw that. No, you don't have to pick that up.

4 comments:

Katie said...

sounds like fun! my mom never liked us having friends over (it stressed her out)... hold onto that - it will be so good for Michael (not just because of the extra cookies!) :D

Julie said...

Yea, I'm not much of a kid person so it suprised me how well it went. I can see that kind of thing stressing me out later too. It probably will depended on and will depend the friend. Ben was easy to please and Michael loves him.

Anonymous said...

I might sound stupid, but what's a glow party? We weren't allowed to say fart growing up. It was called a stinker. :)

Julie said...

Michael has various things that glow in the dark. A few planets and stars and a castle man. So, they warmed them up under the light and made it super dark in the room and watched it all glow. I think they had flashlights too.

A stinker... that's funny :)