I have a job. Like a real job. I know, I know. Being a stay-at-home mom IS a real job. I mean I have an extra job. One that actually pays money.
I'm working at our church's Kids Kamp until the end of the summer. It's not full time. Thank you Lord! But, it's been enough to keep my mind swimming and my body begging for more sleep.
This past week I worked 4 days. The weeks following will be a lot lighter. Only 2-3 days per week. About 6 hours each day.
So in addition to taking care of my own children, I'm entrusted with the care of 3-5 more children. And I also plan activities, games, crafts, stories, songs, poems, and a little bit of knowledge.
The toughest part of all this... pre-planning everything. It's a lot of mental work. When I'm there it's wonderful! When I get in the car to drive home... not so wonderful. I'm begging Michael and Maggie to not talk. Or cough. Or sneeze. I want complete silence.
But, I made it through the first week and I'm excited to do more!
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your last sentence made me laugh. You need more kids at home! LOL
Great job!!! I remember when I worked @ Aaron's preschool - I was so burnt out on kids noises! I felt bad because I also would ask my kids to be quiet when I got home!
Post a Comment