Saturday, August 22, 2009

Happy Date Night

As you know, date nights with Jamie are far and few between. At least I think so. We worked very hard early on when our children were first born to encourage them to have good sleep patterns. Our children have always been easy to put to bed. Because of that, Jamie and I usually have a few hours each night alone. Time to talk, watch a movie, play a game. So, most of the time I don't really crave an actual date with him. But, about once every 3 months it's time to go out!

Last night was one of those nights :)

Friends of ours watched Maggie and Michael for us. Jamie and I headed to Panera for a nice simple quiet meal. Panera isn't one of our children's favorite places to eat. So I don't get to eat there very often. And the idea of being able to sit and talk with Jamie without feeling rushed was appealing to me.

I think we sat in there for about 2 hours!

We went over our calendar's and schedules. Michael's birthday is coming up so we talking about party's and gifts. We're going to rent a cabin up at Rock Lake Christian Assembly for a few nights next week so we discussed some details about that. Talked a little about our children's responsibilities around the house and when to begin rewarding them for jobs. We also talked about going out more. We made a list of babysitters that we know we could call and decided to do that more often.

After all that talk, we went shopping. Bought Michael some presents. A baby gift. A birthday gift for a friend. Oh, and we talked about tv's. Again. I want a new one really bad! It's just not in the budget right now.

After our exciting date we went to our friends to pick up Michael and Maggie. We love Katrina and Brian! We can talk to them for hours. And we did!

When we first arrived we gave the kids the 'ol 10 minute warning. That 10 minutes turned into... er.... a few hours!

So, we're talking and talking with our pals. Then, Brian and Katrina notice that it's getting time for them to pray* at our church. Jamie and I offered to stay with all the kids while they went and did that.

They went and prayed and came back. Then we started talking again! Hehehehe We finally pulled out of their house around midnight!

Came home, tucked the kids in bed. Jamie and I finished some talking that we didn't get to before. Then, Jamie actually left to go to the church to pray* a bit. He came home around 3:30 AM.

I'm not use to staying up that late. But, it was very very enjoyable. I'm looking forward to going out with my husband more often!


*Meridian Christian Church held a special prayer time from 8:00 PM until 8:00 AM the next morning. We're having a big shin-dig at a local park and inviting the community so we wanted to cover the event in prayer. People of our congregation were encouraged to sign up for 1 hour time slots.

1 comment:

Megin said...

we have a pretty big tv that you can have for free... you just have to come pick it up. ;)