I really had a marvelous weekend! Nothing super huge or overly exciting happened. Just normal life.
I was ambitious on Friday morning. Jamie had gotten some mulch (free for us. thanks deborah g.!) and had it in the back of the van for a few days. I decided that I would try to spread it out in our gardens. I'm sort of wimpy and I don't like dirt or yard work. But, I did the entire front yard by myself and also an area in front of our back deck. I was so proud of myself! And, I was glad to get that job done for Jamie. He just hasn't had the time to do that sort of thing.
Friday night the four of us went to the Lansing Lugnuts game. Michael's school was invited so he was able to hang out with a few friends and see his teacher outside of school. It was a pretty good game. I'm glad that all of us enjoy going to the games. Oh, there were fireworks afterwards.
Saturday was a typical day for us. Things planned for everyone. Splitting up to get the jobs done. I can't even recall what we did.... Oh, I did clean out my closet. Seriously guys, it was horrible! And, you'll laugh, but I spent the entire time cleaning the floor! I didn't even touch the top shelf! The job is done and you can walk in there now. Whew.
Jamie and the kids worked on a craft project for me on Saturday night. I was sent to my room. Boo Hoo. All alone up there for about an hour. Poor me :) I finished putting stuff away and ironed clothes. Yet, another ambitious moment for me this weekend. Yippy!
Oh, and Jamie made dinner on Saturday night. Love that.
Sunday morning was the normal thing. We don't plan or try to do anything fancy for Mother's Day in the morning. Actually, I should say that Jamie and the kids don't plan anything. It makes me too stressed out. I rush around getting things set for the day and to be forced to stay in bed for breakfast would just about kill me.
Church was fabulous! I worked in the Toddler classroom with two other ladies that I was training for that room. We had a small amount of kids. I planned a great craft for the kids to give to their moms and it went so well! The kids loved doing it and the moms loved the gifts. For most of the moms the kids in my classroom are either their oldest child or their only child. So, they really haven't gotten many cute crafts or gifts from their child yet. So it was fun!
Michael's Kid's Choir group sang a song during the service. I missed it... again! But, Jamie was able to video tape it for me. Michael had a 'solo' and he did pretty great! It was more of a rapping type solo. He knew all the words, but started to speed up towards the end of it. I'm so proud of him though for doing it! He and another girl are really the only two kids that volunteer to do stuff like that. He's brave!
After church we went out to lunch. I picked Subway. I know... really fancy! I love subs. But, we never go there with the kids because they've never cared for it much. They loved it yesterday! They liked being able to create their own sandwiches. Maggie had turkey, black olives, and shredded mozzarella cheese. Michael had turkey, pickles, shredded cheddar cheese, and lettuce. Yummy :)
We headed out to Home Depot to pick out some annuals for my two small window box containers. Always a fun thing to do with the kids! Except when it's 55 degrees and I dressed my kids in shorts and t-shirts.
We came home and relaxed for a few hours then headed across the street to my inlaws for dinner. It was so wonderful! My father-in-law did pretty much all the preparations. We had a wonderful meal together and the kids played so well together.
Ah, yes.... it was a wonderful weekend. I think that Mother's Day is now my favorite holiday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I gotta tell you . . . I really admire a man who has mulch in his van and still loves his wife so much to cook her dinner. The Wetzels and the Wellers really ought to hang out sometime! Blessings . . .
Post a Comment