Jamie's going to be gone for a little while. He's helping his friend, Mark, up in Traverse City with the state HOSA conference. I think it's his 9th year helping him out. We figured out that the first time he went was when I was pregnant with Michael. I actually got to go that year with him. The conference is held at the Grand Traverse Resort so it was a mini vacation for me. That was in 2001.
So, it's just the kids and I. We've got a pretty normal week going on so it should go by pretty fast. The only clincher is.... I'm not feeling so hot. I'm sure it's just a cold. But, it's tough to be a mom and 'work' from 6:00 AM until 9:30 PM... or whenever the kids are asleep and my 'chores' are all done.
All I've wanted to do this evening is lay on the couch. Unfortunately that's just not an option for me. This is the thing that bugs me the most about being a stay-at-home mom. I can't call in sick. I can lighten my schedule by calling in sick to meetings and volunteer stuff. But, I can't get away from my 'job'. And right now, it totally feels like a job!
Thanks for listening to me complain :) My mom and my brother (I think he's coming) are coming for a visit tomorrow. That will help SOOOOO much! They usually bring lunch and my mom is going to stay through dinner. So I won't have to think about anything!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi, Julie! I'm just catching up on blogs and just learning how to be a mom--and both wishing I could stay at home all the time (I'll have to go back to work eventually) and wishing I had a real job. You've just proven that I have many more years to feel the same, no matter what I end up doing!
Post a Comment