Thursday, February 05, 2009

Compliments

You know how someone can tell you something nice and it just doesn't do anything for you? Yet, another person can say the same thing and it just pulls at your heart strings? Or, sometimes a person ahead of you in a season of life compliments you on where you are and it just makes you feel good? Well, I got one of those wonderful and rare compliments.

"Motherhood agrees with you."

That's what she said. And it made me cry a bit.

Kathryn is a few season's of life ahead of me. She's actually the mother of one of the guys that Jamie went to high school with. It's weird, but I've always had a little connection with her. We live miles apart and see each other about every 7 years. So, honestly, I think I've only talked with her a handful of times. But, I really like her.

Thank you so much for the lovely compliment.

No comments: