Jamie and I had a date on Saturday morning. It was the only time we could fit it in with our schedule and the schedule of my friend who offered to watch the kids.
We dropped the kids off at the Longs house at 10 and headed to the River Trail. It's this forever long paved trail that goes all over Lansing. For the most part it follows the Grand River. It winds through downtown Lansing, over to MSU campus, and through other parts of the city. It's filled with walkers, joggers, bikers, and a few homeless people too. We saw 4 deer under the overpass of the highway. They seemed out of place.
After our 3 mile stroll, during which we actually talked non-stop, we went out to lunch at Olga's. So yummy! I've eaten there a ton of times... yet, I've always ordered the same thing. A cup of cream of broccoli soup with a piece of Olga bread and their blt Olga with Olga's sauce instead of mayo. Love it.
It was such a great morning. It was a glimpse of what could be when Maggie starts school. Jamie has Friday's and Saturday's off from the church so Friday mornings could be our time.
Sunday, October 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How fun! I love simply walking and catching up with Josh. :)
Post a Comment