Saturday, January 26, 2008

Relaxing and Fun

Our date night was wonderful! We dropped the kids off and headed out to see "Juno". I think I liked it. I like movies that are just a bit quirky. Movies where the dialog sounds unrehearsed. Not too sloppy, but still not the smoothest. Probably because it's a lot like the way I talk. It was funny and... cute I guess. The subject matter wasn't light; teen pregnancy. But there were some funny lines and conversations. Overall I'd say I like it.

Unfortunately, by the end of the movie I had a huge head ache. I'm wondering if I've been experiencing migraines. I felt the same way about two weeks ago. Sensitive to light and sound and a bit queasy in my tummy. Because of that we didn't go out to eat. Jamie ran into McAlister's Deli for his meal and we went right to the hotel. I went straight for the bed... and not for you know what. I buried myself under the covers and piled pillows over my head and fell asleep around 8:00. I woke up an hour later feeling a bit better. I'm a great date aren't I?

The rest of the night I felt ok. The thing I love about going to a hotel is that I feel like I have to do nothing. I brought a book, we had cable, peanut M&M's, chips, oh and I had a bit of pop :) Basically, we stayed in bed the whole time. So nice! I got up around 10:45 this morning. Loved it!

We picked up the kids. Found out they had a blast! Nicole took them sledding. They both went one other time this winter. Maggie didn't seem to like it the last time. This time was totally different! Apparently, she picked out the biggest hill to try first. She and Nicole got onto the sled. Maggie said "No". Nicole asked her if she decided not to go down. Maggie clarified and said "I go myself". So, Nicole hopped off and Maggie went flying down the hill alone. Screaming the whole time! Nicole met her at the bottom and Maggie laughed and said "Again! Again!".

We all had a wonderful night. Now, we just have to get through tonight. After a fun filled weekend the kids are already pooped out and getting crabby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I've heard Juno was a good movie. Josh won't stay in a local hotel, he doesn't get the idea. I wish we could go sledding again - I had a blast last time!!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I've heard Juno was a good movie. Josh won't stay in a local hotel, he doesn't get the idea. I wish we could go sledding again - I had a blast last time!!