Sunday, December 09, 2007

Holiday Purging

I've read about three different blogs this week talking about going through their kids rooms and purging their toys and clothes. I'm totally inspired! I do this every so often with Michael's stuff. Usually in the spring/summer for a garage sale. Also, it makes room for new toys that he may receive for his birthday.

I talked it over with him tonight to see how he felt about it. He's such a pack rat. He loves all of his 'stuff'. At first he wanted to wait until summer so that he could sell it and make his own money. So we talked about giving things to other's and expecting nothing in return. The conversation went in a direction than what I was expecting, but it was a good thinking process for him.

Maggie's room should be easy. She's outgrown most of her toys. For Christmas she's getting a four piece kitchen set (stove, fridge, sink, hutch. All wood. Pink too! Perfect for my little girl.) with all the accessories (thanks to my wonderful and generous aunt!). We're planning on putting it all in her room. So, I have to clean out her closet to put her dresser in there and then clear off her changing table/shelving unit and get rid of that.

So, I'm hoping to be energetic this week and purge purge purge! If only my neat and tidy friend, Bethany, could spend a day with me. I guess I'll just have to tackle it on my own.

No comments: