Monday, September 10, 2007

Weekend Update

Wow, what a weekend! It was a lot of fun, but I think we may have over did it being our first weekend after school started. We probably should have rested a little bit more.

Friday night we decided to watch Super Man Returns together. It was exciting for Michael because he had been wanting to stay up late all week. We made brownies and popcorn and watched it together.

Saturday morning I went to my first book club meeting. This group is made up of ladies who bring all of their Christian fiction books and swap them. Each person tells about a book or a few books that they've read since the last meeting and then we all switch. Once a book has circulated through the group, the leader donates them to Christian Services who then donates them to prison ministries. I walked away with four books written by authors that I've never read before.

Saturday afternoon the church down the street hosted a block party. We took the kids down there to see what was going on. Michael got to ride a horse for the first time. Maggie was able to ride the cute little pony. They had a blow up thing that was a climbing wall. Michael was great at it! It was the kind that they had to wear a harness for and have a worker tied to the other end. Maggie was able to take a lama for a walk. She loved it! There were about 10 lama's there and they let the kids hang on to the leash and walk them around. Very fun for a 2 yr. old little girl.

Saturday night we got together with our friend Tom and his kids for dinner, dessert, and Settlers. Great food! We taught his daughter how to play and we taught her so well she won!

Sunday after church we drove to my parents to celebrate my dad's birthday. It was a relaxing day. We just hung out and watched the kids play.

By 8:00 last night I was pooped! I was in bed by 8:30 but because of my wound up kids I didn't actually fall asleep until 10. That's all right. I still got a great chunk of sleepy time in and I feel refreshed today!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun!

If you read any good books, let me know the titles. :)

Katie said...

What a weekend! (I know how you feel - aside from the having 2 kids to take care of part...) :)
By the way... Do you know anyone personally who did the cloth diaper thing?

Julie said...

Nope, I don't know of anyone personally. Oh, maybe my friend Jana did (I have a link to her blog). Sorry :)

Courtney said...

I do, Katie. I have a good friend who is in PA doing cloth diapers. Are you looking for someone in MI, or just a contact?

Anonymous said...

Hey, Julie. Paula here. I surfed from greg's to see if you were "my" Julie. Can't believe Michael is a first grader. Ethan started middle school this year and has to shave about once a week. AAaaarrrghhh.

I know a family who chose cloth diapers as less costly. Not surprisingly, it was the dad's decision. But his research revealed that the out of pocket cost AND the environmental cost were lower for disposable, they went with disposable. So unless you have another reason, like skin allergy, go with disposable. If you choose cloth, you can be sure you will get them potty trained earlier!!!

Julie said...

Paula! I'm glad you checked to see if it was me. Now you can see how exciting? my life is :)

Hey, do you have a blog? I'm sure some of my friends would love to hear about your life. Especially your history of adopting two beautiful children (one of which is shaving!?).

Anonymous said...

Julie, I don't have a blog, which is why I occasionally leave long comments on friends' blogs! I have thought about it, but I get myself in enough trouble with my spoken words. Enjoy the exciting life now because Michael will be shaving before you know it! -Paula