I went to the Salvation Army store with the kids today to look for a few sleeveless shirts for myself. I found a couple with little effort :) When I was checking out, the girl informed me that they were having a five clothing items for $5 deal. I only had three with me.
Now, I don't normally 'fall' for this gimmick. Because, I usually end up spending more than I was going to in the first place and purchase things on a whim that I don't really need. This time was different.
I added up how much I was going to spend right then. $11.00. Eh, just a little more than $5. So, I ran around the store and grabbed two more items. The original total would have been around $14 but I only spent $7. Whoo Hoo! I saved $7! Now, was it worth the mad dash?
I came home and tried on my new finds. The dress fits and I like it. The sleeveless shirt I bought to match a skirt that I already own fits and matches perfectly. Plus, the other shirt I bought will go with a lot of the stuff that I already have. It fits good too. I struck out on the two things that I grabbed on a whim. Too small. My breasts are always larger than I remember and my stomach has an extra roll that refuses to budge.
The other things I picked up were a set of cloth napkins and a pillow sham with the same pattern as our bedding on the beds in the UP.
Yea, I think it was worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Good job on the finds! Way to shop...I am jealous. Up in Kissimme my girlfriend gets 50 cent bag days at their Salvation Army....everything you can fit in a brown paper bag for only 50 cents! I am going to start looking for a salvation army down my way...tons of Goodwills, but salvation army...that takes searching!
i miss thrift store shopping. i don't have the patience to do it with the kids in tow... therefore it really doesn't happen much. but when you find something cool? it's such a good feeling!
Jana - I'll have to check if they do a 50 cent deal. That would be so fun!
Karen - I actually had to bribe the kids with going to the park and McDonalds. I failed to mention that I did get 'talked to' by a sales woman about not watching my children well enough.
I wish I had the 'larger than I remember' breast problem!! I am the opposite. :(
P.S. You'll be here in approximately 50 hours. woooohoooooo!!!!! Please don't be nervous or anxious about the drive. It really does fly by. Especially if you sleep. I'm praying for you!!
I know! I'm really excited about the trip. I'm already trying to think of creative things to do in the car with the kids. We're actually cheating this trip... we're borrowing Dad's dvd player :)
Overall I feel pretty positive about it. One of my friends prayed for me on Sunday. I've talked a lot about it with her and she's really helped me pin point it a little bit more. She'll be praying for me that whole day. Thanks for praying too!
I'm super excited to see you guys and spend one on one time with you. I love our x-mas gatherings, but this will be a nice time for just us. The kids are really excited to see you guys.
Maggie has been talking about Frodo! She brought it up that she would see him soon. I asked her if he was a kitty and she giggled and said no. Then I named off a bunch of other animals and she just kept giggling and saying no. It was cute.
Oh, the a/c on our van is out. It's too expensive for us to fix right now. But, we're still coming. Just be prepared that we may show up in our car. So, no carpooling. We'll always have to take 2 cars places. Oh, well.
Post a Comment