I've been trying to live a 'greener' life and also be more frugal. I've made a few small changes in our household and hope to make some more during the next few months. I'll have to post about all those soon.
I love paper towels. I use them for everything! I've decided to buy some clothe napkins (second hand of course) and use those and dish rags instead. I still have my paper towels around, but I'm using a lot less. Therefore I'm saving money and creating less waste.
Well, I washed some burgundy napkins yesterday with some of Maggie's white underwear and now her underwear is pink. It's not a big deal because who doesn't love pink panties? But, I had a few other things in the wash that don't look as good with a pink tint.
Any frugal and/or chemical free ideas on how to get the clothes pink free?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Can we clarify whether any of my clothes were in that load of laundry?
i am proud of you. matt and i are doing the same...need be since i am quitting work in 22 days! try using vinegar in the wash...as long as you did not wash it in hot water, rinse hot water; it can sometimes come out. white distilled vinegar...that is what i use in every load as fabric softener and to keep bacteria away...i know strange but true!
What's wrong Jamie? You don't want pink panties? No, there was nothing of yours in there except your manly dark colored underwear.
Jana, how could I forget vinegar! I use that stuff quite a bit now. Never thought about using it for this. Really, you use it instead of fabric softener? Tell me more!
Also, I'm so glad that you get to quit your job! You'll be such a great stay at home mom and wife :)
Julie, thought of you yesterday! Email me at janbanan77@aol.com. I need to tell you something funny! Also, I dont' have your email address...
Thanks!
Post a Comment