Monday, June 04, 2007

Random Happenings

Michael is turning into a race car fan. He was bummed yesterday when a Nascar race was rained out yesterday. But, imagine how thrilled he was when he flipped on the tv this afternoon and found that they're racing today!

My super neat and tidy friend, Bethany, called this morning and we're going to have a tea party with 'the girls' tomorrow. She has two girls ages almost one and almost three. We've been wanting to do something girly with them and Maggie on a morning while Michael's at school. Well, this is his last few days of school and we're running out of time! So, I'm busting my butt (obviously not because I've actually posted twice on my blog today) and picking up the place.

Yes, Michael's Kindergarten graduation is this Wednesday. He is so excited! I am too :) I remember feeling this same way near his preschool graduation. I'm excited about sleeping in and having a lighter schedule but worried at the same time about the lack of a set schedule. So, I'll have to keep you all posted on how our lazy summer is going.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

It's funny that you posted today about Nascar, because I was planning on posting about Indycar on my own blog today! It's fun to watch the races.

Anonymous said...

That's funny. Josh's family is into Nascar, but we just haven't caught it... maybe we can show Michael the racetrack (Atlanta Motor Speedway) when you guys come. Take lots of pictures of his graduation!!

Julie said...

You all will have to explain to me the difference between all those. Some are races some are 'leagues'. I just don't get it.

Taking Michael to an actual race would be fun! We have a speedway pretty close and I've thought about checking into it.

Anonymous said...

Well, the next actual race isn't until October. (and the tickets start around $50 each) Maybe it would be cool to have a picnic there or something. Or maybe not. We'll see I guess. :)

Julie said...

I'm up for just about anything Meg!