Can you believe that I'm not stressed at all right now? I'm so excited about Christmas this year that it's pushed any amount of anxiety out. Nothing new or out of the ordinary.
Yesterday and today, Jamie and I have worked on picking up the house and doing some small projects. Nothing major. We probably could have done it all in a day, but we took a few breaks to spend time with the kids.
Tonight we get to go to my in-laws for dinner. Tomorrow we're going to church in the morning like usual, resting and packing during the day, and then going to our Christmas Eve service that night. We'll probably have some people over afterwards, we usually invite people that we see at the service. e and a... I miss you guys lots!
I heard a preacher say how lonely he gets on Christmas since his kids are all grown and have children of their own. They all want to have Christmas with their own family and then get together later. Of course, there's always the invitation for him to join them in what they are doing. They've started their own traditions.
Since hearing that, we've made a consious effort to always include both sets of parents and try to be flexible on Christmas day. I have to admit, it's easy for us. Jamie's parents live right across the street. They're going to come over early and do presents with us Christmas day. Then, my family lives about 1 hour away so we'll head out there in the afternoon.
But, I do feel like we need a little bit of tradition for us to remember what Christmas is all about. And yet, remain flexible enough to do that whereever we are.
Jamie and I came up with an idea that makes me so excited! We've decided to center each gift that we give as a character of God. We've narrowed it down to three. God provides, God gives good gifts (blessings), and God desires us to grow closer to him.
For God provides will be gifts of things that are needed. Socks, underwear, boots... Good gifts are the fun ones. Toys, games... Growth could be a new Bible, worship cd, book....
It was fun to have the catagory first and then pick out the gifts. Jamie and I are even doing our gifts like that to each other. I'll let you know how it goes!
Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The "theme" gift idea sounds great, Julie! Merry Christmas! I hope you all have a great one!
I love the "New" tradition! It is a super great idea! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
where are you? i miss your posts...
I'm still around. I just haven't taken the time to post anything. I'll try right now...
Post a Comment