Friday, November 17, 2006

I can blog now

This post will show you how much of a weirdo I am...

Last Saturday Jamie left for the UP to work on the house and then deer hunt (still no deer yet). I took the kids that day to my parents and we stayed there until Monday afternoon. This week we've been doing the normal thing... school, housework, Burger King play land, etc... Jamie is due back later this evening.

I didn't want to blog anything because I get nervous telling everyone that Jamie is out of town. I know that my friends wouldn't do anything to scare me, but I worry that someone else may read my blog and come get me. He's coming home tonight so no more worries. And there you have it.

The weekend at my parents was short, but very enjoyable. My brother, Josh, watched my children while mom and I went to a great resale store. I bought a dress, pants, boots, and shoes for Maggie, a pair of pants for Michael, an end table for the UP house, and myself a sweater, for a total of.... $17! WooHoo!

On Sunday I had the wonderful privilege of attending my parents new church (new to them). It was a great service! And, the people were so friendly. They did a great job making me feel comfortable about dropping off my children in the kids program.

For the first part of the service the older kids stay in with the parents. A man was up front welcoming everyone and he told a joke about squirrels going to church. There was a part where he said "And they baptized the squirrels". Michael cracked up! I couldn't stop laughing because his giggle was so cute and so genuine. I think he was the only one laughing at the poor old mans joke.

This week has been long without Jamie. I make it through the day fine. The nights are harder. I've been getting about 5-6 hours of sleep a night while waking every other hour or so. My eyes are blood shot. I'm planning on taking a nap this afternoon so I can be fresh and beautiful for his return :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love resale shops too! :) And I'm really glad you're blogging again! :) :)

Anonymous said...

You're always beautiful!! But I'm glad he's coming home so you can get some rest.