I know it's been awhile since I've posted. I just haven't felt like it. I appreciate you all missing me though. That made me feel good!
I've been feeling funny lately. I'm looking at myself and wondering where to begin. The house is messy, I'm yelling at my kids, I haven't gone out with Jamie in months, my body needs some help, the list goes on and on.
It all comes down to my relationship with Christ. It's been a struggle lately and it bugs me that it's like that. There have been so many things going on to encourage me in that area and yet that is the area that is lacking the most. It's a matter of just trusting God instead of others. Understanding that He holds me in His hand. He delights in me (and you too!).
I'm sort of coming to grips with it all this morning. I'm feeling motivated and even joyful. I did my Bible study, washed the dishes, vaccumed the living room, and I've got the laundry started. A friend of mine even called me this morning just to talk. I'm thankful for this morning. It's been very pleasant.
Yeah, things are looking up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Me too. I struggle to have a consistent time with Jesus. I mean, it's a lot easier for me through the hard times, I rely on Him. But then when everything is going well, it's almost like I don't feel an urgency. That's terrible, I know. Like a shopping list of requests. And it especially frustrates me because I KNOW the truth. He desires a daily, genuine relationship with us. I'm working on that, too.
For what it's worth Jules, you're one of my great role models for living a Christian life so don't get down when you struggle with it cause you're still a positive example to at least one person (and probably many others too...)
Wow, Scott, That was very nice of you to say! Thank you :)
And, congratulations on the birth of Aili! I'm so thrilled for you guys. She is so beautiful!
Post a Comment