It was about 5:45 pm. I was finishing up dinner, the children were restless, and we were all hungry. The phone rings. I answer it.
'Hello'
'Uh, hello... Julie?'
'Yes...'
'Hey, it's Brent. It's Monday night. Can I come over for dinner?'
'Uh, sure!'
Brent just moved to the Lansing area. He is a good friend of my brother's. A few weeks ago when I was visiting my family, Brent came over to hang out with Josh and we all watched a movie together. We joked that he should come over once a week for dinner since he won't have many friends and won't cook for himself.
Well, it's really a plan! We had a nice meal together (thanks mom for the veggies!) and we hung out for awhile. Michael played video games with him. Maggie was cute and shy around him. I think it will be a good thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment