Monday, August 14, 2006

The Little Stuff

I haven't posted in a very long time. My life isn't very exciting and I'm always afraid that readers may be bored with the constant stories of my children. Not much to share, except more stories!

When Michael was about 1 1/2 years old he latched onto a stuffed toy duck. He sleeps with it every night. His name is "Duck". Duck has been in our family for about 3 1/2 years now. He's crunchy and has lots of bald spots. Any time Duck is with Michael, Michael has him tucked between his ear and his shoulder and is sucking his thumb.

I wondered if Maggie would latch onto something. I think she likes quilts. Any time a quilt is around she has it tucked between her ear and her shoulder and sucks her thumb. Thankfuly, it's not just one blanket. She likes them all!

We've had a slow start this morning. The kids have been in their jammies all morning. Michael was on the 3 tipper* couch with Duck and a snack and Maggie was on the 2 tipper* couch with Quilt and a snack. They were watching tv together. I know I shouldn't be proud of any of the things they were doing, but they were so cute!

*Michael is a LEGO nut! Sometimes he has trouble finding specific pieces for a project that he is building. He will then ask me to search for it. We have developed a LEGO language. That's where the word tipper is mainly used. It has also been used to describe other items such as the couches.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Julie, I love to hear the stories about your kids! I don't have any of my own yet, so I love to live vicariously through my friends! :) Keep posting those cute/funny/silly/gross/whatever stories!!

Katie said...

ditto! stories about those two are fabulous - I can picture them sitting on your couches, simultaneously enjoying their comfort toys and their thumbs... you're family is really cool!

Anonymous said...

triple ditto!! I miss my nephew and niece and feel closer when I read your stories about them. Trust me, yours is my favorite blog!!

Julie said...

Thanks guys, er girls, you're the best!

Did you notice that none of the guys commented with the same feelings? Maybe I should post something sporty for them :)

Scott said...

As a big lego kid, I know exactly what a 3 tipper is - it's good to know someone else has the lego lingo!