I have received so many wonderful compliments on my blueberry coffee cake that I thought I would share the recipe with you all. You should feel previldged. This recipe has been passed through our family for years. Just kidding... I got it off the lable for Comstock brand pie filling.
Blueberry Coffee Cake
1 cup butter/margarine, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 21 oz can Comstock More Fruit Blueberry Pie Filling
With an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, eggs, sour cream and vanilla for 2 minutes. Add flour, baking powder and salt; mix just until combined. Spread half the batter in the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. Next, spread blueberry filling. Then remaining batter.
In a small bowl mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle over the top.
Bake in preheated oven att 350 for 50/60 minutes. Insert toothpick to test for doneness.
Enjoy :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing the secret recipe Julie! :) I'm excited to make and EAT it!
I LOVE blueberries and coffee cake - I should give you the recipe my mom gave me - it has a cinnamon streusel-y topping on it that is sooo tasty. I bet you could just add it to the recipe you already have, too...
How did VBS Round Two go for Michael?
just kidding - I didn't read your recipe very well.
SOUNDS GREAT!! :D
Post a Comment