I'm worried about the summer. It's our first "summer vacation" experience for our family. Michael wasn't at preschool very long during the week (probably a total of 7 hours), but it did offer a change of senery for him.
So, my big idea is to have small things to do written on pieces of paper that he can pick out from a bucket. for example, the library, Burger King playland, a park. Some others I thought of that would need a bit more planning were having a friend spend the night or go to a friends house for the day.
Do you have any day trip ideas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Does it have to be trips? Or just ideas of things to do? Like:
Build a fort out of boxes
Gather leaves/flowers at the park (you can do crayon rubbings or just press them flat in phone books)
Take a walk and find things that start with all the letters of the alphabet
Turn on the sprinkler (I know you don't have much of a yard...)
Sidewalk Chalk
Makes me want to take a summer vacation! :)
Heck yea, those are great ideas! Exactly what I'm talking about! Thanks for the imput!
How about MSU Children's Garden...
MSU Butterfly Garden
Humane Society (to see the animals)
A walk for ice cream
Freezing weird objects in ice cube trays and melting them in your pool (I don't know... maybe that one is lame)
How about making something yummy and easy for your neighbors and delivering them (I know a mommy who makes awfully yummy chocolate chip cookie bars)
Pick up somebody like Zachary E. and go to the park together so that the kids have each other and the mom can relax a teeny bit...
Dunno know if any of these are any good.
I'm thinking diet coke and mentos after seeing Jamie's blog!
Post a Comment