Thursday, April 06, 2006

Going UP

We're leaving this afternoon for a quick trip to the UP. A few weeks ago we bought a small cabin with the intention of renting it during the winter to snowmobiliers and personally using it throughout the summer. Today will be my first time visiting it.

I love house stuff. Decorating, moving furniture, painting, mainly just dreaming of all the things you could do to make a home nice. I'm excited to just sit in the house and dream. It won't be an exciting trip in the sense that the kids will probably be doing the same things as they would be at home. Just in a different one.

Over the years I've developed this freak anxiety thing when I travel. It's gotten to the point that I've had to stop on the way to my parents house in Livonia. They only live an hour away.

So, this morning, my prayers will begin as I pack everyone up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it! I know that it's hard for you - I'm so proud of you for trying!! Don't worry, soon you'll be road tripping all over...Atlanta perhaps. :) Just kidding! You'll be okay, I'm praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Where is the cabin? How cool!!! I'm taking the boys to the U.P. tomrrow (for the weekend) to see my dad and the rest of my family. :)