Monday, March 20, 2006

Navy Blue and Khaki Too

I'm obsessing about our kitchen and bathroom. As most of you know they are painted mint green. You may also know that that is my least favorite color ever!

I'm thinking about taking the look (if there is such a thing in our house) from our living room through the kitchen and bath. Painting the wall on the side with the sink a navy blue and the rest khaki. In the bathroom I'd like to paint the top half khaki and do a blue jean effect on the bottom half.

Delimas: The floor in the kitchen is black and white check. The floor in the bathroom is dark green. We're planning on redoing the floors in the next few years, but I need to paint sooner than that.

Do you think it would work? Any different ideas?

My other idea for the kitchen is to have a cafe look to it. That would solve the black/white floor issue. Maybe paint a wall burgandy (like our bedroom) and the rest khaki. That idea may work better. Bring in another color to our first floor. Hm...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that look sounds great, but you're right about the floor. The cafe look is great. Our friends kinda have that, but theirs is turquoise and brown with chrome accents. Burgandy would look good with the floor. Good ideas.

Scott said...

all I will say is that the paint on the chip NEVER looks like it does on the wall. Just ask rachel about caesar salad green. Still makes me want to throw up!

Julie said...

I haven't had too many problems with the paint chip not being true. I admit it's hard to invision a whole room based on a one inch chip. That's why I spend a little extra and buy a quart and do a test area.