Thursday, January 08, 2009

Recap of '08

Remember the goals that I set for 2008? Neither did I until I looked back in my archives. Here they are and how I did.

1. Minimize childrens books - I cleared out a bunch. Pretty much all that I could. Although, I think I can purge some of Maggie's little board books. I'll get on that.

2. Take the kids to the public library once a week. Totally failed. I did take Maggie about once a week for story time. Never really checked out books though. Mainly movies. Still need to work on this goal.

3. Have a date night with Jamie once a month. Totally failed. I was shocked when I looked back in my archives at how little we actually went out together. I'm really going to work on this one again this year.

4. Pray before I react to the kids. I think I will always be working on this one! I'm a bit more patient with them on days that I begin with prayer. If I wake up before everyone and do a little Bible study lesson and pray alone my whole day goes smoother than when I don't. Thanks Lord for that wonderful blessing!

5. Bring down my grocery bill. I succeed sometimes and failed sometimes. I will continue to work on this. It's definitely getting easier and easier the more I work at it.

6. Dress more feminine. I'm giving up on this one. I've never really defined it so I was never sure what that goal really meant. I'll just keep dressing the way that I normally do. Well, I might try wearing lip gloss everyday. Who knows.

7. Paint and redo the downstairs bathroom. So did NOT happen. It's still this horrible bright mint green and I detest it. Maybe it will get down this year.

8. New dishes. Yippy! A goal that I actually met! Jamie's aunt had a set of all white dishes that she had from Jamie's grandma. No one else in the family wanted them. They are perfect for me! I got rid of all my other dishes. Brought out my flag style dishes and even redecorated the kitchen in my old american flag stuff. Looks nice.

9. Clear out plastic storage containers. I met this goal as well. My cupboard is less cluttered. Although, I think this will be one of those ongoing kind of goals. That stuff seems to breed all on it's own.

10. Recycle cereal boxes. Another goal met. I take my pile every few weeks or so to the recycling center since our curbside doesn't pick it up.

Whew. I had some great goals. Unfortunately not all of them were met. But, I'm pretty pleased with myself. Now on to a new year!

2 comments:

Sarah Halter said...

Well, I didn't even set any goals, so you're way ahead of me! If you need a place to send Maggie's little board books, we'd gladly take them off your hands :)

Anonymous said...

hey, you met some of them, that's better than none!